Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Passion or dragging feet? The start of 2011

This year I am committed to being a disciple of Jesus, which means following Him and doing what He wants me to do. This is not a hardship as He is the best, kindest, full of love, and the kind of man I want to be anyway. Yes there will be hard things but He always knows what is best for me and roots for me. Out of this identity I can make disciples to follow Him. This then becomes the work we do. This should inform our choices and be the focus of any ministry we do. This must be the passion that we flow with. When I look at our fellow team members I rejoice to see how God has used us to disciple them already. More Lord, I say. I met someone recently who said he just goes to work, doesn't enjoy the job but it is good for his family. How long can one sustain that kind of life of passionlessness! Then I have read books in the last week about a guy so passionate about books for poor kids that he leaves so much comfort and finances to start an NGO to build libraries. Another one is of the CEO of Starbucks, passionate about coffee! And changing the way business is done. I see a room full of passionate pastors this morning ready to give their all in 2011. I see and run with our senior pastor today who leaves for Nigeria tomorrow to assist the churches there. I talk with Neil who goes back for another year to serve in Sierra Leone. I see my wife laying down so much ease and comfort to disciple kids. I am inspired, are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment