Sunday, July 11, 2010

40 and looking better???

Very cool to be 40 and look better than I did at 20! There are many factors for sure. God's favour and blessing being tops. Living a Godly lifestyle, being happily married, and not drinking or smoking. Then there is doing what excites you rather than just working for bread and rent. There is balance and rhythm of working and relaxing. Then there is looking after your diet. I have not been good here, but in the last three or four years have made great strides. Staying away from fat and salts, keeping sugar down, and more importantly taking in fresh fruit and vegetables. Three years ago I started running and get out on the road 3 times a week. In November I joined Virgin Activ and go 3 times a week. It is awesome and builds muscles. The regular check ups of weight and blood pressure help you to monitor your health and I just find that you want to live healthy when you have been there. We also do it as a family, so it is a healthy pattern and legacy I want to leave my family. My parents ate badly and did very little exercise, and this is what they handed to us. My sisters suffer for it. BUT we can make a change, can't we? So to all you 40 year olds or close to it, take stock and do what you need to. Jo and I celebrated our 15th Anniversary this week and watched our wedding DVD. Many of the people have died, many are much fatter and look old when they actually aren't. So the challenge is out OK. This Tuesday I start a connect group for kids with a healty twist to it, a run and a chat... trying to pass on some new habits, I wish I had done in my youth.

No comments:

Post a Comment