Monday, July 19, 2010

Taare Zameen Par

No that's not just some made up words but the name of a Indian movie produced in 2007 by Aamir Khan of Bollywood fame. Last year I had caught the second half of it on SABC and managed this week to track it down from my Hindu friend. Our family sat down yesterday and were glued for three hours to the story of Ishaan, a boy with dyslexia. We cried... and were challenged... I don't want to give away the story line but just to say that every person working with children should be forced to watch this. It shows so beautifully and harshly the difference that we can make if we care, love and discover the truth of what is going on in children's lives. PLEASE watch it and cry with us! I will be hunting down my own copy from the oriental plaza.

No comments:

Post a Comment