Sunday, October 31, 2010

Houses, houses, houses

Very interesting looking at show houses. Today we get to the first one in Emmarentia. Great location but it just comes in on you. Big garden but you can't see out, just oppresively green and bushy. The house goes on and on with extra rooms added on. Nicely finished but dark and dingey. My wife and kids love it! I just want to dash to the car... Then to Parkhurst which I think is a much trendier suburb with character. No 1 is a great spot and compact house with a cottage too. Bit dark but pretty little garden. Sad thing is they want 1.8 million and will probably get 1.6 which is more than we can afford anyway. Drive past another in Greenside but its one of those fixer uppers which just isn't me at all. Then a wasted drive to a block of trendy flats which turn out to be a lock your doors area and get out of there quick location! So nothing yet that works for us all. Where can one find good location, proximity, air, pretty, low maintenance, trendy, modern, old fashioned, small, compact, big and with many rooms for kids, trees, no trees? Watch this blog for more as we continue to hunt it down...

1 comment:

  1. I know where to find one... Boksburg, Ha ha ha LOL, I know God has placed you and Jo in JHB! God will show you a place fitted for your family especially, its the way He works! I can testify to that!

    ReplyDelete