Friday, October 1, 2010

World's largest Sunday School

Amazing to think of 40 000 children in your weekly Sunday School!!! Well that is what Bill Wilson and Metro New York have. 100 full time staff, 50 busses, 5 services plus a whole load of Sidewalk sites throughout the city. So many kids who have met Jesus and have followed Him since. So may kids rescued from the streets. Inspiring and daunting. Makes me ask what am I doing? What more is needed? We have so many kids in need, in danger. Bill said last night, the need is the vision! Would love to go to New York and see this for myself, to learn from this ministry. It was reading Bill's book Streets of pain about 11 years ago that made us build the carastage and do parks every afternoon of the week for years. Many kids saved, but hard to know whether many are following Jesus today. Now I am reading his new book, Whose Child is this. May stretch me...make me more effective...???

No comments:

Post a Comment