Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Bulembu, Bible and Governance

What a mind stretching adventure as I read Landa Cope's Old Testament Template book, which looks at 8 spheres of influence in society. Joanne and I bought new Bibles and colouring pencils to go thru the whole Bible over the next year or so and to colour the 8 spheres. Now in Genesis 20 it has been so different. The Bible is a model for discipling not only individuals but nations! Then as I started this i joined a 3 man delegation to Bulembu, Swaziland, to build relationally with their management team and our church in Jozi. Bulembu is a one town microcosm of the world and the 8 spheres all feature. My mind was spinning as we tried to see how this all works and where the role of the church fits in from a governance point of view. The discussions were stimulating and left me asking even more questions. We left with relationships built, future mission trips planned for our kidz and Mark's Youth and to be in prayer for a pastoral couple to head up the church. Joanne and the kids joined me and we had an awesome few days there with ministry to the school and church kids and many more questions and discussions with the Nevilles. The journey continues.... Check out pix and great write up on Bulembu on Mark Titleys Facebook site. Tell him you are my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment