Thursday, September 2, 2010

Radical reformist rantings!!!!

My theology and my view of discipleship has been shaken to the core by Landa Cope's book, "The Old Testament Template" We heard her speak at the West church on Sunday and she was so brilliant that I dashed to the ATM and bought both her books which she even signed for me. Picking it up and reading it looks to answer the question of why although many areas have so many christians why doesn't the community reform? How often have I asked that? She shares how the church in the last hundred years or more has been preaching individual salvation but not how to disciple nations! The church has been so guilty of not even discipling individuals properly. So many churches get people saved and then that's it. That is not what Jesus taught is it? So we need to disciple people and then use the WHOLE BIBLE to disciple the nations, that is every aspect of society. Landa breaks it into 8 areas, and I am on the chapter on government! Wow... I think I am slow to get this as she taught on it a few years back at our Real Life conference but we were busy with kids. Now I am catching up and Joanne and I bought new Bibles today so we can do what Landa did and that is to go thru the Bible with 8 coloured pencils and underline anything on the 8 areas, and I am going to do a 9th on the gospel of salvation too.
30 years following Jesus and all the time God is revealing Himself to us. How awesome He is. He is relevant to everyone, every where... And when I read Revelation 21, 22 we know the end and it is glorious for those who learn to follow Jesus, and learn to rule as leaders under His Lordship!
Are you challenged? I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment